Here’s the recipe from my YES Friends canoeing in the Rockies adventure with my friend Sam.
For the video click here: YES Friends: Part 2
All my recipes are improvised and I encourage you to alter the recipe as you see fit and use it only as a guideline to tummy happiness!
200G of Black Bean Pasta
2 Chicken breasts Sliced
2 Fresh Tomatoes
1C mushrooms (I used dried chanterelles that I harvested in PEI last month)
1 Tbsp corn starch
1 small diced onion
1 chopped stem of green onion
4Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar (I used espresso infused because that’s what I had)
Olive oil (I used blood orange infused because… you guessed it, that’s what I had around)
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Start a pot of water to boil for the pasta. (But don’t cook it yet until I tell you!)
- Brown the onions in a medium frying pan on medium with olive oil.
- While the onions are browning, dust the chicken in the corn starch and some salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the onions and brown the chicken. 5-8min
- While the chicken is browning mix the tomatoes, green onions, oregano, salt and pepper and balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan until tender.
- Add the tomato mixture to the chicken/onions/mushrooms and let simmer.
- Remember that pot of water you had boiling? Now add the black bean pasta and cook until desirable firmness.
- Strain the pasta.
- Add the chicken and enjoy!